Highland Park Cemetery assumes no responsibility for items left at graves and cannot be held responsible for any theft, vandalism, or acts of nature which may compromise a gravesite.
- During the summer months, March 15 through November 1st, flowers and other decorations must be placed in a permanent cemetery approved vase.
- Any item that is not in a permanent vase will be removed and discarded by our grounds crew without notice to the owner.
- Glass, metal, or ceramic containers, vigil lights, breakable objects, statues or hazardous items are prohibited and will be removed weekly by our grounds crew.
- Permanent plantings and shepherds hooks are not permitted.
- Fresh and artificial flowers, grave blankets, wreaths, and balloons may be removed by management if they become wilted, unsightly, or present a hazard to our mowers and trimmers.
Memorial Day Holiday
- Flowers and decorations may be placed on graves beginning the Friday before Memorial Day.
- All decorations not in a permanent vase will be removed and discarded the Monday following Memorial Day.
- Glass, metal, or ceramic containers, breakable objects, or hazardous items are prohibited and will be removed by our grounds crew.
- We encourage visitors year round! We ask that while in our cemetery visitors help maintain a peaceful atmosphere and safe environment by acting with respect to those laid to rest here.
- If you notice anyone acting in a suspicious manner or causing a disturbance, we ask that you contact our office immediately at 913-371-0699 so that we may address the individuals